Summary of where the Chef’s cuisine is inspired from and how he/she goes about expressing it
Short version: I love food and want people to enjoy it as much as I do. While a Le Cordon Bleu graduate specialising in French cuisine and patisserie, I've hopped around the globe and lived in Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, England and the US. You can taste and trace many cultural influences in my food. I love building something from raw materials and discovering new tastes by adding unique and personal touches to recipes.
List of the Chef's favorite ingredients
How did the Chef learn how to cook and what is his story?
I’ve had my hand in cooking for as long as I can remember: I grew up in my mother and grandmother’s kitchens. It turned into a passion when I was in high school, particularly after watching Spanglish (THAT EGG SANDWICH), I didn't sleep until I recreated what I saw on the screen, then started charging my siblings for it! After finishing my BBA in Accounting and Management (to learn how to run and manage my restaurant), I went to London for an intensive Grande Diplome course (cuisine and patisserie) at Le Cordon Bleu, now a culinary supervisor at Marriott.
Le Cordon Bleu, London
Student Commis Chef (Mar 2010 - Sep 2010)
Prepared and measure ingredients for each student station prior to practical classes.
Marriott Washingtonian Center
Culinary Supervisor (Sep 2014-Now)
- Plan and execute specific goals to prioritize, organize, and accomplish a higher quality food GSS score: went from 53 to 73 in 2014. - Ensure and maintain the productivity level of kitchen employees - Oversee production and preparation of culinary items. - Work with Restaurant and Banquet to coordinate service and timing of events and meals. - Take initiative with new menus, concepts and promotions for the Restaurant outlets and Banquets especially in high demand times.
Baltimore Waterfront Marriott
Banquet Cook (May 2014-Sep 2014)
- Meticulously ensure that all data is accurate and work is thorough. - Assess and adapt current practices to improve performance and quality. - Prepare sauces, soups and hot entrées in accordance with menu. - Work with the associate team to create the company experience for guests. - Work towards highest levels of personal and organisational performance to meet or exceed objectives.
Baltimore Waterfront Marriott
Pastry Cook (Apr 2013-Apr 2014)
- Create innovative designs for pastries to cater to a variety of events. - Ensure all pastries produced are of high and exquisite caliber. - Build new pastry recipes and compatible presentation styles.
Hilton Worldwide, Baltimore, MD
Line Cook II (Jun 2012-Apr 2013)
- Carry out the preparatory work for creating dishes. - Scheduling events and kitchen staff. - Prepare and present dishes so they are ready for guests at the right time. - Making sure that all health and safety requirements are met. - Advising new cooking techniques and equipment to kitchen staff. - Check inventory items upon delivery. -Prepare food for public visitors and private event guests. -Introduce and develop new dishes.
NoonBites Catering; Kuwait
Chef/Owner (Apr 2011-Mar 2012)
- Menu Consultation (Planning, Setting, Training). - Industrial Kitchen Set-up. - Chef Training. - Full Menu preparation. -Catering events for British Ladies Society and High Profile Clients.
Tallahassee, FL, United States
Travel: 100 kms